·What is Bioacoustics?
- Ear to the Wild Foundation,EWF, is bringing to India a world leader technology in the rapidly evolving science of bioacoustics
- Bioacoustics is the sound of life itself
·What is the objective of EWF?
- The Foundation aims at becoming one of the Indian pre-eminent scientific organizations pioneering practical solutions through bioacoustics to address critical environmental problems
·What is the mission of EWF?
- EWF mission is to prevent avoidable loss of biodiversity and damage to wildlife
- It works at the edge of intelligent technology's reach to preserve and protect wildlife
·How can EWF help to protect wildlife?
- To help governments prevent damage to wildlife and habitats from human causes, Ear to the Wild Foundationfunds and manages a wide scope of action campaigns in India
- EWF develops and deploys acoustic technology able to identify species in real-time and alert adminitrations and operators so mitigation actions can be undertaken
·Where does EWF technology come from?
- Ear to the Wild Foundation's hub of technical expertise is Spain's Laboratory of Applied Bioacoustics (LAB) of the Technical University of Catalonia, BarcelonaTech (UPC)